Monday, October 20, 2008

October 14 Observations

For the first five minutes of observing my micro pond, all i saw was the vegetation i had placed in there, along with the mud from the pond samples.  However, the more i looked, the more organisms I began to see.  The first few organisms I observed were both multi-celled and chlorophyll based.  They seemed to be swimming in circles, aimlessly.  I only saw about three of these organisms, and they were located in the middle waters.  There were also many single celled chlorophyll based organisms.  They moved rather fast.  The last organism i observed was probably the most exciting.  He was multi-celled and swam about with a flagella.  Since he had no green tint, I don't think he was chlorophyll based.  Next week's post will include which water sources i drew my samples from.  

No comments: